- This event has passed.
FDHA Champions Awards Dinner
December 3, 2020 @ 6:30 pm EST
The FDHA Healthcare Champions Dinner began in 2012 and serves as the opportunity to celebrate community health champions. The FDHA Champions Awards recognize and encourage exceptional work in the health industry, and we are proud to honor individuals and organizations for their contributions towards improving the health of Georgians. Some of the honorees over the years have included Elizabeth Omilami, CEO of Hosea Helps; Dr. Valerie Montgomery Rice, President of Morehouse School of Medicine and Dr. David Satcher, 16th Surgeon General of the United States and Founding Director and Senior Advisor of the Satcher Health Leadership Institute. In addition to recognizing and pinning the students from the Montieth Fellows program, the following awards are presented.
- Community Health Champion – Recognizes dedication to public health advocacy and commitment to improving the health of metro Atlanta.
- A Healthier Georgia Champion – Recognizes exceptional work and commitment to ensuring that the communities we serve have access to quality programs and services for persons in metro Atlanta.
- Community Health Awareness & Prevention Champion – Recognizes a commitment to providing quality health services, programs, and access to vulnerable persons in metro Atlanta.
- Lew Horne Social Justice Champion – Recognizes a commitment to advocating for the responsible policy or legislation designed to improve the lives of underserved populations.
- Youth Leadership Champion – Recognizes an outstanding example to youth regarding the importance of healthy lifestyles.
- Mental Health Champion – Recognizes a commitment to providing mental health services and programs to underserved populations in metro Atlanta.
- Community Engagement Champion – Recognizes an ongoing commitment to engagement and collaborative efforts to provide knowledge and resources to underserved populations in Atlanta.
- Chairman’s Award – Recognizes a significant contribution and excellence in the healthcare industry.
Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a a desire, a dream, a vision.
– Muhammed Ali